Thousands of people have been left worried about their banking accounts and money today due to the collapse of Wirecard (Friday 26th July 2020).
- Has your banking account been affected by the Wirecard scandal?
- Is your account now frozen?
- What help is available?
- What to do next.
Banks and Alternative Banking Affected by Wirecard
Below are some of the known fintech companies and alternative banking solutions that have been affected.
- Card One
What to do if you have been affected?
- Check your emails for any correspondence from your bank, some of the named companies above have advised customers to use an alternative means of payment for the moment.
“Following the shutdown of Wirecard Card Solutions Limited by the Financial Conduct Authority, Curve customers have today been informed that they are likely to see a temporary disruption to their service and are advised to carry an alternative payment method,” a statement from the company reads.” – Barry Collins, Forbes.
“A customer of Pockit told me his card was declined when trying to pay for petrol today and that the police were called because he was carrying no alternative means of payment.” – Barry Collins, Forbes.
- Firstly, you’ll need to open a new account with a trusted banking company as soon as possible. Preferable an account that you can open instantly so that you can move your money over to your new account as soon as possible!
- Supply your source of income with your new account details (bank name, bank address, account number and sort-code) whether that is your employer, recruitment agent or local authority.
- Update any direct debits and standing orders you had in place with your old account to your new account.
We are here to help!
Suits Me is not associated with Wirecard in any way and as such has not been affected by this scandal!
About Suits Me
Suits Me is an award-winning, safe and secure banking solution, providing e-money current accounts with an array of financial services to easily manage your money and finances.
Recognised and highly commended by the British Bank Awards, Suits Me is a trusted alternative banking solution.
We believe in banking for everyone and as such, opening an account with us doesn’t require a credit check or proof of address.
Trusted by thousands, read our customer reviews on Trustpilot.
Safety & Security
The care, safety and security of our customers are at the heart of Suits Me.
We speak your language!
We have a dedicated, in-house, multilingual customer care team who are available 7 days a week.
Safety and Security
We take our customers safety, security and privacy very seriously!
- Customers money is completely ringfenced and held in a segregated account.
- We protect our customers’ personal data.
- Our website is fully encrypted with site-wide HTTPS – with an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificate protecting our entire website.
- PINs are retrieved either through the secure mobile banking app or *IVR (Interactive Voice Response) line.
- The Suits Me mobile banking app is accessed via a 5 digit mPIN or fingerprint biometric technology.
- Suits Me customers are frequently requested to change their online banking account password for security.
- Customers can manage a level of security of their card within the mobile banking app by blocking (freezing) their card and reporting it as lost or stolen.
Open a Suits Me Account
Opening a Suits Me account is quick and easy using our online applications form.
Once complete, your account will be open within 10 minutes and you’ll gain instant access to your account details (account number and sort-code), online banking and mobile banking app to be able to start managing your money and finances.
Open Your Account Today
Get your FREE Debit Card in 3-5 working days – No Credit Checks!