Suits Me weave inclusion into our day to day business, promoting diversity and its importance to us is reflective through not only our team but customers and partners. We embrace all cultures, perspectives and life/social experiences ensuring they are kept at the heart of our business.
We recruit, develop and retain talented people for our business, regardless of their background, we work hard to ensure all of our employees and customers are treated in a fair and consistent way, providing an environment where everyone has the opportunity to thrive and achieve things to the best of their ability.
Founded in 2015, Suits Me was primarily created to help and support those living in the UK who are unbanked and underbanked, financially excluded and unable to open an account with a traditional high street bank. Since the beginning, we ingrained and embedded key values of equality, diversity and inclusion into the core of Suits Me to deliver fair and transparent banking solutions to all, irrelevant on a person’s background.
At Suits Me we believe that no one should be financially excluded, and anyone, regardless of their background and financial position should have access to a banking solution.
- Providing a work environment that promotes dignity, equality and respect for all and reflecting this in the delivery of our service to our customers and partners
- Create and sustain an environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination which promotes dignity and respect for all. Where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued
- To embed such values in the heart of our business, supporting employee to recognise the value of a diverse and inclusive workplace
- To ensure all employees are aware of their responsibilities; including appropriate/inappropriate behaviours in the workplace to prevent bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination
- Instil an understanding to all employees that as an employee, they too can be held liable for acts of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, during their employment, against fellow employees, customers and partners
- To take seriously complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination by fellow employees, customers, partners and all other stakeholders during the organisation’s work activities
Suits Me take steps to tackle and eliminate any barriers to the recruitment and retention of our employees.
We pride ourselves on driving a diverse and inclusive culture promoting respect and empathy in everything we do.
Every Suits Me employee is treated fairly and equally regardless of their background and is a key member within the company, contributing fully to our aims and goals.
Suits Me will not tolerate any acts of unlawful or unfair discrimination (including harassment) committed against an employee, customer or other stakeholder due to a protected characteristic (Equality Act 2010) -
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Race (including ethnic origin, colour, nationality and national origin)
- Sexual orientation
- Religion and or belief
All employees will be encouraged to develop their skills and fulfil their potential and to take advantage of training, development and progression opportunities.
Selection for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability.
Monitor and Review
- Continuous review of our workforce makeup regarding age, gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, religion or belief, and disability in encouraging equality and diversity, and in meeting our aims and commitments
- Review in line with legislative changes
- Monitor how are values are embedded and the effectiveness of this policy in achieving our goals for a fair inclusive workplace