If you have experienced, or are currently experiencing finanical abuse, we are here to help you.
We can offer you a fresh start to managing your finances and finding you more support to help you protect your money.
Opening a Suits Me account allows you to be in full control of your finances, with all of our banking like features:
- Current account
- Mobile banking app
- Online banking
- Debit card
- Payment and transfers
- Direct Debits
- Standing orders
- Cashback rewards and exclusive discounts
- Saving & budgeting
- Google Pay (coming soon)
- Samsung Pay (coming soon)
- Apple Pay (coming soon)
Pick which account suits you best, and fill in our online application form. We have three account options – ‘Essential’, ‘Premium’ and ‘Premium Plus’. You can find the account details on our Pricing page.
Verify your identity
Pick which account suits you best, and fill in our online application form.
We have three account options – ‘Essential’, ‘Premium’ and ‘Premium Plus’. You can find the account details on our Pricing page.
Your Suits Me application is now complete. You will receive an email confirming your account details, along with information on how to access your online banking.
And of course, your new contactless Mastercard® debit card will be with you in 3-5 days.
What is financial abuse?
Financial abuse (also known as economic abuse) can take many forms and can be hard to detect in individuals as the topic of money isn’t often discussed within society. In its simplest term, financial and economic abuse is a form of coercive control, which includes controlling, degrading or threatening behaviour that restricts a person’s freedom.
How to spot the signs of financial abuse.
- Unexplained loss of money.
- Lack of money to pay for essentials like rent, bills and food.
- Changes in standard of living due to money, this also includes not having items that they would usually have
- Unusual or inappropriate purchases on bank statements or online banking
- Isolation from friends, family and potentially work colleagues.
How we can help
Suits Me are here to help you through your journey to be in full control of your finances.
All of our e-money current accounts allows you to have access to an array on features high street banks would offer including our mobile banking app which allows you to manage your money, your way, wherever, whenever!
Our multi-lingual customer care team are available 7 days a week for any queries or questions you may have.
Remember you are not alone, here some organiations who can support you if you are a victim of financial abuse:
- You can call the National Domestic Abuse Helpline for free on 0808 2000 247 between the hours of Monday-Friday 3pm-10pm, they also have a live chat service and can call you back at a time that works for you. They have a team of highly trained female advisors who are there to listen.
- The Samaritans have a 24-hour helpline for those who need emotional support and are experiencing feelings of distress, despair or suicide. You can reach them on 08457 90 90 90
- The Men’s Advice Line can provide support, practical advice and suggest services that can provide survivors with specialist help. You can call them for free on 0808 8010 327
- Women’s Aid can help to get the help and support you need if you’re dealing with financial abuse. There are different numbers to call depending on which country you live in the UK.