A standing order is a regular fixed payment from your bank account or current account to another bank account or current account. These fixed payments can be to friends, family, organisations or to other banking accounts that you may have. You can amend a standing order and cancel a standing order as and when you like using your Suits Me online banking account and mobile banking app.
Read our standing orders information page to learn more about what a standing order is and the differences between a standing order and a direct debit.
How to set up a Standing Order
Below are the steps of how to set up a standing order, how to amend a standing order and how to cancel a standing order with your Suits Me account using online banking or the mobile banking app.
What you will need to set up a Standing Order
- The name of the person or company you're paying
- The eight-digit account number and six-digit sort-code
- the payment reference from the person/company
Please make sure you have set up access to your online banking account or mobile banking app prior to following the below steps.
Suits Me Online Banking
The below instructions are for when using a desktop computer, laptop, or tablet. You can access your online banking account using your mobile phone, however, if you prefer to bank using your mobile, we recommend using our free mobile banking app as it's quicker and easier.
Please note, if using your mobile phone to access your online banking, the below steps and imagery will be slightly different.
- Log in to your online banking here: Suits Me Online Banking
- You'll be requested to enter the One Time Password (OTP) that has been sent to your mobile phone that is linked to your online banking account. Enter the 8 digit number and click 'Proceed'
- Click 'MY ACCOUNT' from the top menu (as pictured below)
4. Look to the left hand side of the screen (scroll down if needed) and click on 'Standing Orders' as highlighted below
5. Click the orange coloured button, 'SET UP A NEW STANDING ORDER'
6. Input the correct details into the Standing Order form. All fields marked with a (*) are mandatory
7. Click the orange 'NEXT' button
8. Check the details are correct, if not and you notice a mistake, 'Click the 'AMEND DETAILS' button. If the details are correct, click 'CONFIRM'
9. Click the 'CONFIRM' button to complete the Standing Order setup
10. A One Time Password (OTP) has now been sent to your mobile phone that is associated with your account. Input this password and click 'PROCEED'. Click 'CANCEL' if you don't have your phone on you. You will need to start the process again when you have your phone with you
11. Congratulations. Your Standing Order is now Setup
Suits Me Mobile Banking App
The below instructions are for when using the Suits Me mobile banking app.
- Login to your Suits Me mobile banking app from your phone
- Click the navigation menu positioned top left of the screen (three horizontal lines)
- Select 'STANDING ORDERS' from the top menu
- Select 'Set up a new standing order' (orange colour button positioned towards the bottom of the screen)
- Input the correct details into the Standing Order form. All fields marked with a (*) are mandatory
- Click the orange 'NEXT' button
- Complete the next part of the form and click 'NEXT'
- Check the details are correct, if not and you notice a mistake, click the 'EDIT DETAILS' button. If the details are correct, click 'CONFIRM'
- Click the 'CONFIRM' button to complete the Standing Order setup
- Congratulations. Your Standing Order is now Setup
Struggling to set up a standing order from your Suits Me account using either your online banking account or mobile banking app? Contact our multilingual customer care team who will be happy to help you set up a direct debit.