Looking for a Debit Card?
Getting your hands on a debit card is easy with Suits Me®. Apply for a debit card online today in under 3 minutes and receive your Mastercard® debit card in the next 3-5 working days.
We’re driven by our belief that everyone should have access to a safe and secure account. That’s why we:
- Provide a debit card and personal account with no credit checks
- Offer multilingual customer service, over the phone, on email and via live chat
- Give you access to a personal account with a mobile app and online money account
- Have cashback rewards available with all of our accounts
What is a debit card?
When you open a bank account or e-money account (like us!), you’ll be issued a debit card.
A debit card is a type of payment card that allows you to make purchases in-store, online or over the phone. Rather than relying on cash or cheques, money is taken from your account directly.
What’s different about Mastercard® debit cards with Suits Me®?
At Suits Me®, we work differently to a traditional bank account. Our debit cards are prepaid and are linked to an e-money account rather than a bank account.
Your e-money account offers banking like features, so in order to use your debit card, you’ll need to load money onto your card at a PayPoint location before you can use it. You can also top up your account via transfer or getting your wages paid into the account.
Once topped up, you can use the card as you would a traditional debit card account, without any risk of overspending as we don’t offer a credit or overdraft facility.
Why should I choose a Suits Me® debit card?
Prepaid debit cards don’t always come with advanced banking like features like direct debits, standing orders or transfers, which can make things difficult if it’s your primary account.
Our Mastercard® debit cards come packed with handy features, so your money can work harder. With a Suits Me® card:
- You’ll be issued an account number and sort code (so your employer can pay your salary into the account each month)
- You can receive transfers
- You can make payments as you would with a traditional card
- You’ll be able to use a chip and PIN terminal (or even make speedy contactless payments)
- You’ll get access to an online account and our app, meaning you can view your balance and recent transactions when you use your debit card.
What are the benefits of a Suits Me® debit card?
We aim to make managing your money easy, no matter your circumstances. Whether you’re a foreign national, have a poor credit history, or just like to know exactly what you’re spending – a Suits Me® debit card just makes sense. Here is why:
You can use it anywhere
The Suits Me® card is a Mastercard® debit card and can be used wherever you see the Mastercard® logo. Once you’ve been approved (which 99.8% of applicants are), you can start to use your Mastercard® card in-store, online or over the phone. You can also withdraw cash from ATMs using your PIN.
Instant access to your money
Your online debit card lets you spend or withdraw your money safely and securely, wherever you are in the world.
Your debit card account can be used at any ATM or cash point that accepts Mastercard®.
You can go contactless
With our debit cards, there’s no need to enter your PIN. Simply tap your debit card on the card reader for transactions up to £100 and wait for the transaction to be approved. That way, there’s no need to carry cash.
Shop until you drop
Whether you’re heading to the high street, shopping online or over the phone, you can use your online debit card as your payment method.How to pay online using a card
Freeze and unfreeze, wherever, whenever
Lost your debit card but think you may be able to find it? Keep your account and money safe by freezing your card in the app or via your online account. Found it? Great! Unfreeze using the app or online portal.
Get cashback with your purchases
Save money when you use your Suits Me® card in our partner retail stores or when you shop online. You’ll get cashback back in to your Suits Me® account.
Some of our cashback partners include Argos, Asda, B&Q, Goldsmiths, Halfords, Footlocker, New Look, Sainsbury’s and more.View cashback partners
Frequently asked questions
Who can get a debit card with Suits Me®?
We don’t conduct credit checks during our sign up process so our accounts are available to people unable to open a account. That’s why we’re open to more people, including but not limited to migrant workers, those with poor credit history including people going through an IVA, international students, expats returning from abroad, freelancers and self-employed individuals and those without proof of address.
You can open your account today as long as you are over the age of 18, live in the UK and have a valid ID document such as a passport, UK driving licence or national ID card if you are an EU citizen.
What’s the difference between a credit card and a debit card?
Debit cards work by allowing you to spend the money you have available in your bank account or e-money account linked to your debit card. Credit cards on the other hand allow you to borrow money up to a set limit.
As credit cards allow you to spend money that isn’t technically yours, it’s easy to overspend and you may be charged interest. You should always use credit cards responsibly.
Can I use my Suits Me® debit card internationally?
You can use your debit card internationally for point of sale transactions in anywhere you see the Mastercard ® logo. Through our partner in the Suits Me® app, you can create a separate account to transfer money to friends and family around the world as well.
What features does a Suits Me® card come with?
Our Mastercard® debit cards come packed with handy features for you to make the most of.
- Instant access to money
Your Suits Me® card lets you spend or withdraw your money safely and securely wherever you are in the world.
- Withdraw cash whenever, wherever
The Suits Me® Mastercard® debit card can be used at any ATM or cash point that accepts Mastercard®.
Suits Me® Premium Plus customers get four free withdrawals each month, giving our customers easy access to withdraw money without the worry of additional costs.
- Make contactless payments
Easy, fast and secure contactless card payments for purchases of £100 or less. There is no need to enter your PIN, simply tap your card on the reader and wait for the transaction to be approved. Contactless card payments are a convenient alternative to cash and traditional chip and PIN payments.
Use the contactless function when making purchases on the high street, including shops, restaurants, cafes, bars, some public transport and wherever else you see the contactless payment logo.
- Shop instore
Shop anywhere on the high street with your Suits Me® debit card where you see the Mastercard® logo. Most shops accept Mastercard® as a payment method.
If the payment is for £100 or less you can use the contactless function on your card, simply wave or tap the card on the payment terminal. No PIN is required when using contactless payments.
- Shop online
Shop anywhere online with your Suits Me® online debit card where you see the Mastercard® logo. The Mastercard® logo is usually situated at the bottom of a website within the page footer. Most websites accept Mastercard® as a payment method.
- Shop over the phone
Paying for goods and services over the phone with your Suits Me® card is like using your debit card to pay online. Although, instead of filling out the payment forms yourself, someone else will do this for you.
- Exclusive cashback programme
Save money when you use your Suits Me® card in our partner retail stores or when you shop online. You will get cashback into your Suits Me® account.
- Block and unblock your card 24/7
Lost your card but think you may be able to find it? Keep your account and money safe by blocking your card in the app or via your online money account. Found it? Great! Unblock using the app or online portal.
How much does a Suits Me® debit card cost?
Before you sign up, it’s important to know what fees you may incur. We believe in fair, transparent accounts so here is a rundown of the costs before you sign up.
To get access to one of our award-winning accounts, you’ll need to choose between our Essential Premium or Premium Plus accounts. Each comes with slightly different fees and benefits, so it’s best to do your research beforehand.
If you’ll be using this account as your primary account, we recommend our Premium Plus account. With that, you’ll get:
- Access to a online money account and the Suits Me® mobile app
- A contactless Mastercard® debit card
- Cashback rewards
- 4 x free cash withdrawals per month and free standing order set up
- A range of banking like features – including direct debits, standing orders, bank transfers and more
For more information, see our pricing page.
How do I add money to a Suits Me® debit card?
Topping up your debit card is easy with Suits Me®. As soon as you’ve received your card and activated it, you can add money to your account. A few ways you can add funds to your online debit card include:
- Online payment transfers – If you have another account, you can log into your online portal and transfer money to your Suits Me® debit card. UK transfers are usually instant, international transfers are available via our partner in the Suits Me® app.
- Physical cash – If you have been gifted or paid cash, you can load this onto your debit card. Simply take the cash to a Paypoint location to get started.
- Top-ups at an ATM – At selected ATMs, you can load cash onto your debit card. If you’re doing this, make sure you’ve memorised your PIN!
- Third-party payments – If you prefer, friends and family can send you money to your account. This can either be a one-off payment, or regular instalments.
- Getting your wages paid in – As debit cards have an account number and sort code, you can have your wages paid directly onto your debit card.
Is my debit card safe?
Yes! We’ve worked hard to make sure your money is safeguarded at all times. Your money will be kept safe in a separate bank account that nobody can access – not even by us!
Our inbuilt web security measures mean that nobody can get to your hard-earned cash. Fraudsters, thieves, creditors and even our team won’t be able to access your money.
Here are some other ways we keep your money secure:
- We won’t send your PIN by post
- Your mobile app is accessed with a 5-digit PIN or your unique fingerprint/Face ID
- You can freeze and unfreeze your card from your phone for those ‘just in case’ moments
- Your money is safeguarded under the Electronic Money Regulations Act 2011.
Can I use my debit card with PayPal?
You can. If you want a quick and easy way to complete purchases online, it’s a good idea to link your card with PayPal.
For more information on how see our handy guide on linking your card to PayPal.
Can I get into debt with a Suits Me® debit card?
No. With a Suits Me® debit card, you can only spend what’s loaded onto your card. As we don’t offer an overdraft facility, you won’t be able to borrow money.
That way, it’s far easier to manage your finances.
When can I start using my debit card?
As soon as you’ve received your Suits Me® debit card in the post (usually within 3-5 working days) you can use it. Simply activate your card online or over the phone.
Once you’ve opened your account, you can start managing your money right away by setting up your online and mobile money account.
What if I still have other questions about my debit card?
You can view all of our FAQs about your debit card in the managing your card section of our help page
How do I apply for a Suits Me® debit card online?
Choose an account to open
Choose your favourite e-money account from our 3 account types
3 minutes to open your account
To ensure that your application is complete, we will need to verify your ID – don’t worry, this is not a credit check! All we need is a selfie and a picture of your Passport, Full UK Driving Licence or National ID
3 ways to manage your finances
Get your contactless Mastercard® prepaid debit card in 3-5 working days and access to online portal and mobile app.
Prepaid account FAQs
If you’re considering opening a account with us, you may find our help pages useful.
- What is a e-money account?
- How do I open an Account?
- How do I set up my online money account?
- How do I check my balance?
- Can I set up direct debits and standing orders?
- How do I update my contact details and personal information?
Suits Me® debit card FAQs
If you need additional support, we have lots of handy debit card FAQs to get you up and running.
- How do I get a Suits Me® debit card?
- How do I activate my Suits Me® debit card?
- How long will it take for my Suits Me® debit card to arrive?
- When can I start using my debit card?
- How do I get my pin?
- How can I change my pin?
- How long does a payment refund take?
- Does my debit card work at ATMs?
- How do I get a new debit card?
- Is my debit card contactless?
- Can I still receive money if I’ve lost my debit card?
- Can I pay with a blocked card?
- Can I use my Suits Me® debit card outside of the UK?
Open your account today
Apply for an e-money account today and get your Mastercard® debit card in 3-5 working days – with no credit checks!