Start 2024 planning how you can make extra cash with these side hustle ideas.
There are so many ways to set up a great and lucrative side hustle. If you are stuck for some ideas, we have put together our top 10 side hustle suggestions:
- Extra Work Delivering: If you have some free time on your hands and a driving licence plus transport you can earn extra cash delivering food for Uber Eats or Deliveroo to name a couple. It is flexible and a great way to boost your cash in 2024.
- Social Media Content Creation: Social Media content is booming. If you have some good creative ideas and even better a decent number of followers you can start to earn an income from your content. You will need a lot of views to start to make money from your content but January is a good time to start planning.
- Explore the World of Remote Work: Remote work has become the norm, and many companies now hire freelancers for specific tasks. Websites like Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer connect remote workers with businesses seeking their expertise. Whether you’re a writer, graphic designer, or programmer, remote work platforms offer a chance to showcase your skills and earn money from the comfort of your home.
- Sharing is Caring (and making extra £): Many Peer-to-peer platforms now allow you to rent out your possessions or share what you have for a fee. If you have a spare room, consider listing it on Airbnb. Alternatively, platforms like Turo allow you to rent out your car when you’re not using it. This is what we call ‘sweating your assets’, turning your idle assets into a steady stream of income.
- Make Money From Your Hobbies: What if you could turn what you love into profit? From crafting and photography to exercising and gaming, there are lots of ways to monetize your hobbies. Create an Etsy shop to sell your items, start a YouTube channel to share your expertise, or offer online courses to teach others your skills. Languages are always a popular course if you are lucky enough to speak another language. The internet has made it much easier to access audiences and in turn showcase and make money from your talents.
- Online Surveys and Market Research: Companies are always looking for consumer opinions (Suits Me too!), and they’re willing to pay for them. Joining reputable survey websites and participating in market research studies can earn you extra cash or gift cards. While it won’t replace a full-time income, spending a few minutes a day on surveys can add up over time.
- Pet Sitting: For the animal lovers (we know there are a few!) Pet Sitting can be a great way to earn extra cash with minimal effort. You can post on Social Media for free and advertise your services. If you want to take it a bit further have a look at housesitter.co.uk.
- Dog Walking: Charging between £10 – £15 per hour, this is one of our favourite side hustles. It costs you nothing if you stay local and also keeps you fit – its a win-win!
- Competitions: There are so many online competitions you can enter. Most are free if you share some of your personal details and have the chance to win some great prizes. Here are just a few online competition sites for you to have a look at:
- Buy and Resell returned items from shops: What happens to returned goods? They are sold via wholesale and someone somewhere makes a profit. This could be you! There are lots of sites you can look at to get an idea of what you can buy and then resell on either eBay or Facebook Marketplace.